Outlook®-Google® Calendar sync version V 1.0.1

« Older   Newer »
Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 9/3/2011, 12:04

Please download latest version from this link

Edited by Francesco Claudio Mazza - 29/3/2011, 20:36

Download attachment
GoogleOutlooksync1.0.1.zip ( Number of downloads: 2002 )

Rolf the wolf
view post Posted on 10/3/2011, 23:36

Hi Francesco
Downloaded the latest version 0.3 and installed it.
Question; do you generate two buttons in the outlook tast which I need to klick to synch with google ?
Regards
Rolf

Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 11/3/2011, 15:43

Dear Rolf,
I am sorry you were unable to find how to use the program.
Please open outlook 2010.
In the top you will find several tabs (or ribbons), namely File, Home, Send/Receive, Folder, View and "Syncronizer".
Please click on the Syncronizer tab to get to our menu.
There you will find the "Enter google credentials" button and the "syncronize button". Anyway the program automatically syncs when outlook starts, once you have inserted the credentials.
Please let me know if you need any more help.
Best regards
Francesco

ThGraf
view post Posted on 29/3/2011, 19:09

I Use W7 64 Bits and Outlook 64 Bits... This is the first way who works perfectly ! Thanks dude, you are better than Google who cannot make a 64 bits version ready.

Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 29/3/2011, 19:35

Thank you Thgraf!
We are happy you enjoy our program.
If you want, please donate to our project to keep it alive.
Cheers!
Francesco

Emperor Crusher
view post Posted on 29/3/2011, 22:25

Your main page says that you support Outlook 2007, 64 bit edition. I did not realize they made a 64 bit edition of 2007. Did you mean the 64 bit edition of Outlook 2010?

I operate syncdroid.net where I list all software that syncs Outlook with Android devices. Since Androids sync natively with Google Calendar and since you sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar, you provide a solution I would like to write up. I would like to ask you some questions about what you sync along with the calendar, if you don't mind.

Do you sync Calendar subfolders or just the main Calendar?

Do you sync multiple Calendar folders or just the main Calendar?

Do you perform a one way sync either way? Sync in both directions?

Do you have a Automated sync?

Do you sync Calendar categories?

With which earliest Outlook version do you sync?

Does this software work as an Outlook add-in or as external software accessing the Outlook data?

Thank you for your help!

Corey

Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 30/3/2011, 15:15

Dear Corey,
Our version of the program is made to run on both 2010 and 2007 outlook. Outlook 2007 has a 64 bit version. Initially the program was made only for 2010, but after several requests from users we decided to adapt it also for 2007 64 bit versions.
I am unsure if it works on 32 bits systems at the moment.
Please do write about us!

Here are the answers to your questions:

We have never tried syncing subfolders. I honestly do not know if they work or not.
- At the moment only the main calendar is being synced.
- Sync is done both ways.
- Calendar categories in outlook are not synced.
- At the moment we have only tested the program on outlook 2010 and 2007, but it should as well work for previous versions, as long as they are using 64 bit architecture.
- Our software is an outlook add-in

If any of your users should need some or all the above features we could develop them and implement in further patches, much like 2007 compatibility. Most of your features should have a development cost of less than 20 USD. That is the amount in donations that we would need to collect to be able to implement them.
This is actually our business idea, to develop the programs and features that users require relying on donations.

Thank you Corey, please link us your review if you should make it, and thanks for your interest in our software!

Emperor Crusher
view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 20:58

Thanks. I have posted a link at syncdroid.net/outlook-google-calendar-sync. Sorry for not putting in a direct link, but the forum keeps telling me I must use a valid URL and I can't seem to get it to work properly. If you have any screenshots you can send me, that would be great. You can send them to the email account associated with my user or send a note to my contact page at my site and we can swap email addresses.

I was wondering if you perform an automatic sync and if so, how often? Also, are there any options available to control the sync? I presume there are at least some as the user must enter the Gmail address and password.

Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 5/4/2011, 16:54

Dear Crusher,
Thank you very much for your article. :D
I have attached a screenshot of the program to this message.
Concerning automatic sync unfortunately at the moment we have not yet implemented periodic automatic syc. At the moment the program syncs automatically only on outlook startup (which is still a beguinning though ;) )

Apart from the google account setup the only other option available is the one that allows the user to select what kind of reminders should be added in calendar, allowing all, none or any between sms, email or popup.

Thank you again!
Francesco

Download attachment
Screenshot.pdf ( Number of downloads: 164 )

banetto
view post Posted on 13/4/2011, 19:48

Dear Francesco. I work with MS Outlook 2010 for Mac OS..
Can you help me?
Thanks
Banetto

Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 13/4/2011, 22:36

Dear Banetto,
Unfortunately at the moment we have not developed the MAC version. We have estimated the costs of development of this new version around 150 USD but we haven't found any supporters that would like to invest in that version.
If you are so interested in the program as to be ready to support it please let me know and we will try to make a pool of requesters so that we can gather the funds we need and start with the programming.

Sorry that we do not have a solution already developed for what you ask :(

Timeless Domain
view post Posted on 22/4/2011, 02:15

i would be willing to pay for multiple calendar sync feature - how much for this? info(at)timelessdomain.com

Francesco Claudio Mazza
view post Posted on 22/4/2011, 14:49

Dear Timeless,
I have asked our programmer for an offer for adding that feature. I will get back to you with his reply asap.
Thank you!
Francesco

PNCguy
view post Posted on 15/1/2013, 17:55

So, I downloaded the latest version, installed the .NET framework and another visual package needed. I got the tabs in outlook and gave my Google credentials. When Outlook opens I now get the error: "Unable to cast COM object of type 'Micorsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.OfficeInterop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-000-000-C000-0000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

What do I do to fix that?

Simssity
view post Posted on 2/2/2013, 17:55

I installed the app this morning and receive a message that says "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime." How do I fix this? Thank you!

18 replies since 9/3/2011, 12:04   4322 views